Anyone can add a business listing to Brownbook.net. You don’t need to be registered to make contributions to Brownbook.net, but if you’re not registered you’ll need to verify every update by clicking a link in an automated verification email we’ll send you.
Registered users can make instant updates; no need for the verification email.
Here is how you do it:
1. First search to be sure you’re not already listed (if you are you can update your listing with loads of extra information that will tell prospects about your company and help you get found). Search Brownbook.net, click here. (Tip: The easiest way to see if you’re already listed is to search for your company name and town)
2. If your business is not already listed you can click this link to add your business. You can add lots of information about your business, including business tags and location tags (keywords that describe what you do and where you do it), a link to your website, your email address, and more.
3. If it IS already listed you can enrich the listing with loads of additional information about your business.
4. Finally, you should claim your business listing, which gives you several benefits:
- lock it so only you can update it
- get an email alert every time anyone tags it or adds a review
- optionally get a highlighted listing, a priority in search results, even customize your entire listing page with added photos, videos, detailed text, even add external widgets and functionality
- create a totally standalone professional business website for your company